Sunday, July 12, 2009

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Sat HP had an employee day at Six Flags in Vallejo. For me this park is still Marine World, but I guess that's only for old school people. They no longer had the water ski show which was a bit of a bummer. The tickets we got were a great deal. $26 per person, got you into the park and on any ride. It also included an HP picnic area from 2-4pm where it was hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad and sodas along with some ice cream sandwiches for dessert. It was all you could eat and at a park like that easily a $40 meal for 3.

Nene, Dani and Claudia joined us as did our neighbors Mike and Jessica Green. They brought their two boys Jake and Logan. It was a real fun day.

Here we are at Discovery Kingdom


Nate thinks he's the next Top Gun


Nene and Claudia watching Shouka the whale show
Here's Shouka

Our neighbors Mike and Jessica Green

Their son - Jake

Nate and Claudia riding the kids version of "the Edge" or "Freefall"

Nate couldn't get enough of the "teacups ride. Kept wanting to spin faster and faster. Funny, one time it was Nate, Logan and I and Logan didn't want it to spin at all.

Nene and Claudia getting off the train ride

Much different experience going to these parks for the kids rather than for yourself. Glad to see they had a great time.

Nate flashing the "Shaka" or Hang Loose sign while flying
Ready to blast off


Nate's posing for the camera


Jessica and Jake on the balloon rides

On Thomas the Train


The last ride of the day, or 2 since we did it twice back to back was the white water rapid. After the first time we were absolutely soaked. Logan was a magnet for the water, in particular the waterfall which just drenched him both times. After the second drenching he was not happy being wet. It reminded me of the time when I went on a similar ride with my dad and cousins, i think at six flags down south. We all piled into the raft, and the lastopen seat was next to my dad. Some 300+ lb woman climbed in and sat right next to him. The raft was heavily tilted towards him the whole ride and he came out soaked.

The calm before the storm

Logan's a bit cold here

Claudia was equal parts scared and excited

Logan was no longer happy

Nothing's too much for Nate


This little ride had Claudia absolutely terrified - and had Maria laughing at Claudia


Sunday, was a bit more restful. I played golf with Shawn out at Lincoln Hills. Played one of my better rounds in a long time. While I wasn't driving the ball very well, it wasn't hurting me too much. I was hitting my irons real solid and about 10 yards further than I normally do. Since we were playing from the whites I had a lot of reachable greens and was generally making them. I was 4 over on the front and 8 over on the back, finished with an 84. 2 double bogies and everything else was pars or bogies, no birdies or triples. Overall a very solid round for me. I wish I was always playing like that.

Talk to you later.

No comments: