Thursday, September 6, 2012

Getting old...er

Well, it finally happened.  I reached that magical round number 40.  Had a great time getting here and can't wait to coast downhill the rest of the way.  We through one final party for everyone who hadn't been able to attend any of our previous celebrations.
The "other" Mike who also turns 40 this year, brought over a Slushee machine. On the left we have for the adults a rum runner, or as Brad called the following day Poison.  On the right, for the kids country time lemonade.  The kids finished their side, adults just got finished.
I smoked carnitas and chicken, and we had a Mexican themed party with all the fixings.

The pool was well utilized by the kids

For the party, the men took a turn and celebrated a bit more than the women.
The women stood back and watched the show the boys put on. 
Thought this was a great shot of Emily

The cupcakes Maria bought to celebrate, which was served along with some homemade ice cream, in coffee, mint, nectarine and chocolate peanut butter flavors.
"I love you man", I'll regret this in the morning

My new apron that the Cottles got me for my birthday. 

No comments: